Skimlinks Test

Pages

Monday 1 April 2013

Review; The Body Shop Vitamin E Moisture Cream


I'll start of by saying, this is by no means going to be a positive review and be warned there is going to be some bare faced icky photos!
I guess as this is a skincare review I best start of by saying what my 'skin type' is.. I have sensitive, combination/oily skin (Well at least I did - Explanation below). 


I had made an order on the body shop site sometime last year, and I received a little 15ml tub of there Vitamin E cream as a little free gift. I have to admit, I kind of just shoved it away and forgot about it. But I went onto a mission to getting into a proper skin care routine and thought I'd give it a try, to my devastation!

So of an evening I decided to pop this cream all over my face in place of my normal moisturiser.. 



So yeah, I thought that bugger of a spot was the last of my worries.. but the longer I was awake I realised it really wasn't..



The right photo isn't very clear, hence all the arrows dotted everywhere but I was just sat downstairs watching tv and realised my face was a little warm and thought nothing of it till I looked in the mirror to see all these red blotches all over my face!! Now my skin was never the best to start with.. but It was never like this. 
The cells soon repaired themselves, and my skin was somewhat clear again. But I didn't rule out the moisturiser straight away so thought I'd give it another go a week or so later. But alas, I woke up 10 times worse!! My face felt like it was burning, it was ridiculously dry (not just on the blotchy areas) and it just felt so irritated. 
I had no idea what to do, I'm used to my face being an oil slick and I just had a normal Simple moisturiser, which I instantly slapped on but to no avail. I cried my way to Tesco where I bought a tube of E45, as I knew even if it didn't solve the issue it sure as hell wouldn't make it worse. Nearly a week after applying E45 heavily a few times a day (it was that dry and sore!) Still nothing, and me and the boyfriend had made plans to do to London that weekend and I didn't want to let him down. So again I slapped on the E45 and left the house so angry I couldn't put anything other than mascara on and with my skin super red and irritated.
I'm not going to lie, it litteraly took over a month to fix itself.. It's only now just started getting slightly oily so I can actually apply even a BB Cream let alone a foundation!

All in all I am not a happy bunny! I love the body shop, so will not let this ruin them for me.. I will simply throw this monstrosity away and steer clear in future!!

The Culprit ^
Rant over!..






4 comments:

  1. I completely agree with you! I've used it too and it was a disaster! I have combinaation skin too, and this cream caused me breakouts.. I did some research online and found out that the problem was one of its ingredient: isopropyl myristate: this is a terrible ingredient because it's comedogenic! it's just right after water, so it's the major problem... I threw this cream away, it was not for me at all.. Hope this ends quickly for you :) :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. i have to agree, i used this just yesterday and i've now got so many spots.. oily skin and redness!!!

    http://bearfacebeauty.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  3. hey! i nominated you for the versatile blog awards! ablogaboutfashionbeauty.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely blog! Now following you, you can check out my blog and follow back via GFC or Bloglovin' if you wish(:

    -Athenaxo
    modestlysophisticated.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Skimlinks Test